skyking

Some EPS images lock up Publisher and Designer

I tried importing an EPS image on a blank page in Publisher. When I get the file all I get is a spinning beach ball. I let it go for a while but eventually I have to Force Quit the app. I even moved the file to another drive with the same hang up. I tied importing the EPS in Affinity Designer with the same effect. Locks up Designer and I have to force quit. Ironically I can import the EPS image into Pages just fine!!

If you want to check the EPS image let me know.

James K

1 hour ago, skyking said:

If you want to check the EPS image let me know.

I've imported a number or EPS images to Publisher and do not see that behaviour.

There must be something weird with this file. But, it imports into InDesign just fine. I have tried some other EPS images and they imported OK. So, no clue on this one.

James

JFisher - Attached is the EPS file that won't work and hangs up not only Publisher Beta but Affinity Designer as well. I have not tried it in Affinity Photo. Please keep this file to yourself as it is a proprietary files used for digital press testing. Thanks. Let me know what you get.

Skyking!

[EDIT] File removed. [/EDIT]

On 12/7/2018 at 5:24 AM, JFisher said:

Hi skyking,

Could you upload the file so I can take a look? 

Did you get the file and if you did what did you think??

Skyking

Hi Skyking!

I received the file (many thanks @MEB!)

I am also having issues getting the file to open. I have passed the file to the development team for further investigation. Thanks!