You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cut and paste in Spread

Version 1.7.0.192  If I select a right hand page in a side-by-side spread, select the content, cut it and then try to paste it into the selected left hand page of another spread in the same document, it will only paste into the right hand page.  I can then move it onto the left-hand page provided I haven't lost the ungrouped selection or there was nothing on the right hand page when I pasted it, but this doesn't seem right.  Likewise LH copy only pastes into LH page. I feel I should be able to paste it onto the page I want.

• Staff

Hey papanorts,

I can confirm this but I'm not sure if it's by design or not. I can see why this would get annoying. I'll check with the developers and if they think it's a bug I can log it or put it forward as an improvement if they think it isn't a bug.

APub generic Paste does what PagePlus calls a Paste in Place, which copies the pasted items to the same place on a new spread. PP's generic Paste pastes the copied objects in the centre of a spread. APub might want to generically paste to the centre of the page, and allow a Paste in Place, which can be very useful. I use Paste in Place often, but this can be a problem when pasting several objects on a page already containing several objects, when it can be difficult to see where the copied objects are.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.