Ya, it's been a few days and I brain farted. I looked for a way to delete my post after I found it but could find no delete post either. Perhaps I need more coffee this morning, LOL.

It’s well worthwhile setting aside some time to experiment with the various Shape Tools. The Cog Tool and the Star Tool are particularly versatile, but even the humble Polygon Tool can create more than just straight-sided polygons. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.10.83 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1 (iPad Air 2)

Agreed, it's also well worth the time to spend more time working with the software, lol. I have been working overnight for the past few days and just now got back to a day shift. UGH, definitely makes practice and learning a bit of a challenge.

While sipping tomorrow morning's first cup of coffee, maybe watch the Affinity Designer - Shapes video tutorial. It's an oldie but goldie, only about 5 minutes long, but it remains a quick way to get a good idea of how powerful using the built-in shape tools can be.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.9.81 & Affinity Designer 1.6..2.24 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.0