You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Isometric studio is helpful, but when do we get a real free transform tool in Designer ?!

@Alfred that is indeed good news! I am one of  those who got the legacy product DrawPlusX8 and use it for screenprinting color separations and text warping specifically so I'm glad to learn that it will be patched if MS does something wonky (again.)  I also have Adobe Illustrator CS2 that is given away by Adobe freely but it's definitely not going to be supported (because Adobe) forever. The best alternative for warping is probably Inkscape at this point, being cross platform but I have never felt comfortable with the overly technical UI and the extra steps for, well, everything.  Mac users can't take advantage of the lovely Plus line from Serif unfortunately :(  There's a nice little site called Photopea that does nice warping but it's raster only as of the last time I used it (admittedly, a while)  It will be a great day for the entirety of the design community when warping features arrive..I see droves of people abandoning Adobe lol   Hmm..maybe they're saving it for later because they know they will be inundated with new users and need to prepare for the company's expansion?

10 hours ago, Pariah73 said:

@Alfred that is indeed good news! I am one of  those who got the legacy product DrawPlusX8 and use it for screenprinting color separations and text warping specifically so I'm glad to learn that it will be patched if MS does something wonky (again.)

I’m afraid I have bad news for you, @Pariah73! The promise was that they would patch any ‘legacy’ applications broken by a Windows update, but only if they were still selling them. As of ten days ago, Serif are no longer selling any titles in the Plus range.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 1/9/2019 at 8:34 AM, m.vlad said:

Everyone here knows the specific functionality we desire.

I do now that I've read this thread, but I wouldn't have guessed it from the name of the tool.  "Free Transform" seems like a poor naming choice as this does not appear to have anything to do with transforming an object.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:49 AM, Alfred said:

I’m afraid I have bad news for you, @Pariah73! The promise was that they would patch any ‘legacy’ applications broken by a Windows update, but only if they were still selling them. As of ten days ago, Serif are no longer selling any titles in the Plus range.

just my ''typical luck'' I shouldn't have mentioned it; I jinxed it! :D  Hopefully it doesn't break until after a solution comes to Affinity. Crap, i probably shouldn't have said that either.