You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Baseline grid and text

Starting a new document, I activated the baseline grid with 'Top of the margin'. On the first page it works great, but when I add another page the following text does not match with the grid anymore. Hope I haven't missed anything.screenshot.png.10a10cf78d3fa6dee1cf14811a3602e8.png

11 hours ago, dtpunger said:

Starting a new document, I activated the baseline grid with 'Top of the margin'. On the first page it works great, but when I add another page the following text does not match with the grid anymore. Hope I haven't missed anything.screenshot.png.10a10cf78d3fa6dee1cf14811a3602e8.png

This is how I would expect the spacing of the Baseline to behave regarding the spread placement, it is continuous from the top of the spread. The Text Frame though is wrong on the second page. it only works if the grid spacing is an integer divisor of the page height. Really weird little bug.

A work around is to use the baseline option in the Text Frame, I use it all the time an prefer it for some work. Just align it with the page's baseline grid and you are good to go.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

We hope this issue is fixed in the latest update (206) available from the top of the forum.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.