You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editable text export (Designer or Photo)

I am currently in the midst of illustrating a children's book that is a hybrid of cartoony illustrations and full comic pages, and trying to work as much as I can on the iPad.

The one feature that no image creation apps (as far as I can tell) on the iPad have is the ability to export text to Photoshop format and retain editability.  PSD is the delivery format for publishers, and the text needs to retain the ability to be updated.

At this point, the only Affinity app I have is Designer, and I was hopeful that it would allow me to export editable text, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Without spending $30 on the Photo app, does it allow editable text export to PSD?

• Staff

Both Affinity apps use the same export options, so exporting to text will rasterise text layers. Our developers have said that they would like to add this feature but it isn't a trivial task so we don't have an eta.

" is there another alternative way to export editable text ?"PDF?

"PSD is the delivery format for publishers," - I'm quite surprised that a book publisher would want text supplied in a PSD file!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad