Steps

Images are imported with wrong DPI

EDIT: Nevermind. I read the other topic again more carefully and figured out that this is already a known bug to the devs.

---

I have an image which is saved by Photoshop with 301 DPI.

This is properly written to the EXIF which I can see with both exifutil and windows file info.

If I drag that image into Publisher 1.7.0 192 (Win 10) or use the "File" -> "Place..." option that image is imported as 72 DPI.

The document itself is also 301 DPI.

The image is the pages background and I would not expect to have it resized.

Is there a setting that fixes all images at 72 DPI or is Publisher just not reading metadata?

EDIT: This may be the same as this topic, but that got a bittle long and confusing.

So please make it short: Is this working as intented or is it considered to be a bug?

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1809). Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 16 GB memory, NVidia GTX 780
Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.221

And a related question: Is there an option to set a target DPI for scaling the image by that?

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1809). Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 16 GB memory, NVidia GTX 780

Hi Steps,
Thanks for letting us know! As you said this is a known issue with development, so should hopefully be sorted soon! With regards to setting a target DPI for scaling the image, that is not currently possible. It is possible to place a TIFF files using it's DPI with the Image Placement Tool by just clicking instead of dragging out, however this is currently broken for JPGs so I will get that bumped with development!

Thanks again!

Still broken in 1.7.0.206

If the release notes did not indicate something was fixed, it's a reasonable guess/assumption that it wasn't :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If the release notes did not indicate something was fixed, it's a reasonable guess/assumption that it wasn't :)

Yes, I know, but sometimes things get fixed without mention and as I explicitely tested this again I wanted to bump it. Not that they forget about it. ;-)