madflute

Pub Master Text Placeholder?

Hi, I am on Mac Pub beta 1.7, and trying to build a Master.  I can't figure out how to create text placeholder or text box.  Any help would be appreciated.

20 hours ago, madflute said:

Hi, I am on Mac Pub beta 1.7, and trying to build a Master.  I can't figure out how to create text placeholder or text box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have View > Show Tools checked? the Text Frame ('text placeholder or text box.') looks like a square with a T in it. It is up near the top of the tools. Select that tool and then click and drag on the page. I think that @fde101 means is that using a Text Frame on a Master Page will not be blank on pages it is applied to and allow you to put text into it on those pages. This method will be available later on we all hope. If you want text on the Master Page repeated on each page then yes use the Master Page with a Text Frame. I use it for page numbers and Section Names and static stuff too.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

20 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

using a Text Frame on a Master Page will not be blank on pages it is applied to and allow you to put text into it on those pages.

Yes, that is how I am interpreting "placeholder"

9 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

This method will be available later on we all hope.

This deficiency so blunted my enthusiasm for Publisher. Left me uncertain if I will purchase upon release or wait until later.

12 hours ago, deva said:

This deficiency so blunted my enthusiasm for Publisher. Left me uncertain if I will purchase upon release or wait until later.

Me too.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458