Jump to content
madflute

Pub Master Text Placeholder?

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am on Mac Pub beta 1.7, and trying to build a Master.  I can't figure out how to create text placeholder or text box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, madflute said:

Hi, I am on Mac Pub beta 1.7, and trying to build a Master.  I can't figure out how to create text placeholder or text box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have View > Show Tools checked? the Text Frame ('text placeholder or text box.') looks like a square with a T in it. It is up near the top of the tools. Select that tool and then click and drag on the page. I think that @fde101 means is that using a Text Frame on a Master Page will not be blank on pages it is applied to and allow you to put text into it on those pages. This method will be available later on we all hope. If you want text on the Master Page repeated on each page then yes use the Master Page with a Text Frame. I use it for page numbers and Section Names and static stuff too.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

using a Text Frame on a Master Page will not be blank on pages it is applied to and allow you to put text into it on those pages.

Yes, that is how I am interpreting "placeholder"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

 This method will be available later on we all hope.

This deficiency so blunted my enthusiasm for Publisher. Left me uncertain if I will purchase upon release or wait until later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, deva said:

This deficiency so blunted my enthusiasm for Publisher. Left me uncertain if I will purchase upon release or wait until later.

Me too.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×