You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When using Capture One version 11 I have been able to send files through to Photo with all the work in Capture showing.

Since updating to version 12, when I send files to Photo they appear as unaltered raw files.

Is this likely to be related to Capture or will Photo require an update before the two will work in harmony ??

I'm looking to cancel my Adobe subscription to LR & PS; then use Capture One 12 as primary editor with Affinity Photo used for anything previously needed to be done in PS.  So I am very interested in the answer to this question.  I know that one of the new features in version 12 of C1 is a feature to support plugins & wonder if this is the issue, i.e., that AP will have to be set up to work as a plugin for C1.  If so, I hope that Serif will work this out so that it can be used that way.

From the CO12 release notes ...

Known issues

All users

• Editing images in external applications other than Adobe Photoshop might result in unexpected behavior.

...also those tell...

As part of the new Plug-in platform, “Edit with...” and “Open with...” are re-factored as plug- ins. These can now be con gured with your favorite applications from the Preferences menu, which will then only show those applications in the respective menus.

...whatever that will mean. - Note however that I don't use CO and just looked into their release notes for that version 12.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you to those who have responded, I am still no further on so I have sent a note through to capture One support which is stated below

I am using Windows 10 and have not experienced any difficulties until upgrading to capture One version 12

In Capture One version 11 when sending a file to Affinity Photo for further work the pathway was..

Image / Right Click > Edit With > Option Box for file type, size, colour space etc > Affinity Photo from its folder on C Drive > Highlight > Open

File would open in Affinity Photo showing the Capture edits. When saved, it would return to Capture as a Tiff showing the additional work undertaken in Affinity.

Since upgrading to capture One version 12, this process has become a bit of a nightmare.

When selecting Edit With, there is no longer an option for Affinity Photo so Browse or Pick an Application must be used.

If selecting Browse the Affinity Photo option must be sourced from its folder on C drive and opened from there.

The file then opens as an unaltered raw file, without the Capture One version 12 edits and there is not a direct route back to capture following work in Affinity.

If Pick an Application is chosen from the Edith With menu, then a drop down box of options for file type, size, colour space etc appears and when Open is hit, Capture shows variants being exported, a process which is taking around 20 seconds.

When it has exported, a drop down box appears showing applications featured in Windows 10 with an option to choose Affinity Photo.

The file will then appear in Affinity showing the capture edits and will return to capture showing Affinity edits.

This workaround shouldn’t be necessary, it adds extra stages and extra time to the workflow and if the process of sending a file to Affinity Photo from Capture version 11 was straightforward and problem free then why shouldn’t it be so in the “upgraded” version 12 ??

In version 12s Edit > Preferences > Plug ins, there is no help to be found.

There is a box which identifies Allowed Applications, including Windows paint, Word, Windows Viewer but no Affinity Photo.

Nor is there an option to add to this list

The Get More Plug Ins merely directs to Phase Ones website where a request can be made for Phase One to add plug ins.

What a frustrating experience from an “upgrade”... features added and aspects taken away either by oversight or intention.

Right now I am running the Fujifilm Express version of Capture One 12, which doesn't have the full feature set of this upgrade.  For example, I don't have the "Edit With" option but only have the "Open With" one.  But if I right click on an image that I have edited it C1 (12), one of the options shown is Affinity Photo.  But when I select that it attempts to open AP, but it won't open; & the finder of my iMac says that it is not responding, so I have to force it to quit.  I recall however when I was using the prior V.11 Fujifilm Express for C1, I was able to use the "Open With" option to send images to AP, but I only tested it without attempting to further edit in AP & don't recall if it was an edited Variant of my C1 image or just the original raw.

I have had a response from Capture One to indicate there is a known bug issue concerning the Edit With tool in version 12 , for which a resolution is being sought.

This same issue has been reported by others on the Capture One and other facebook group pages.

I just switched from using the free Fuji Express version of Capture One 12 to the trial version of Fuji Pro;  & in this version I can use the "Edit With" option to open & move my images into AP, which I could not do in the lite C1-12.  So I don't know if that means the bug is limited to this free version or whether my ability to do this in the full one was a fluke, not common to all others.

Hard to tell, depends on the shared features between those Express and Pro versions, meaning here if that ...

As part of the new Plug-in platform, “Edit with...” and “Open with...” are re-factored as plug- ins.

... "Edit With" option (plug-in) is also a part of the Express versions or stripped out there. Their version comparison overview doesn't tell for that in detail, just that plug-ins are only a feature of the Pro version. -

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2