You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Freeze when printing

I am unable to print from Publisher for Windows. It doesn't seem to matter what document. I have one I created on my Mac and I have created one on my Windows machine. When I press cntrl+P or go to file and click print, Publisher locks up and I have to use Task Manager to close the program. I have Publisher Version 1.0.7.192 and Windows 10 version 1803 and it is up-to-date. It did the same thing with the previous version.

I suspect the devs will need to see your file and be given details about the printer you are trying to use.

In fact, if the document you are trying to print is not "private", perhaps you could attach it to your reply so that other users can check whether it is also a problem on their systems.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

You gave me the solution to the problem. When you mentioned that it might be the printer I changed my default printer and now it will print. I had my default printer set to our Lanier LD445c using the RPCS driver. I like the way that driver works but apparently, it is not compatible with Publisher. I switched to the PCL6 driver as my default and that solved the problem. Thank you.

Glad to be able to help, even "accidentally"!!  9_9

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.