Harold78

iPad Designer projects fonts and objects do not match

When I open a Designer project that I started on desktop on my iPad, the font are not correct size, example on desktop I use size 40, but on iPad the exact same font same size is too big for the project.

Also some of the objects are not aligned as with the desktop version.

Please fix this issues.

1 hour ago, Harold78 said:

the font are not correct size, example on desktop I use size 40, but on iPad the exact same font same size is too big for the project

Are the units the same in both cases (rather than, for example, points in one and pixels in the other)? Is the document ‘DPI’ the same?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

I didn't try it with Arial, I noticed it always happens with fonts I have to install.

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Harold78 ,

I could not replicate it. 

Does that happen only with one specific font or document? Can you replicate it using a new document and a different font? Let's say Arial?

Thanks,

Gabe.

22 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Are the units the same in both cases (rather than, for example, points in one and pixels in the other)? Is the document ‘DPI’ the same?

Yes, I checked and the units are the same.

I didn't check the dpi, because it is a document, that was already created, and it should open with the same setup as before shouldn't it?

3 minutes ago, Harold78 said:

I noticed it always happens with fonts I have to install

What do you mean by this? How do you install the fonts? Are the fonts missing when you first open the document? 

1 minute ago, GabrielM said:

What do you mean by this? How do you install the fonts? Are the fonts missing when you first open the document? 

When I use a specific font for example Bree, I add it to designer, then open the document, and the fonts are always bigger then what it is on the desktop version.

Example it would say that the font size is 40 pt on both desktop and ipad, but when I open the document on ipad, the font flows over the design next to it, even though it says 40pt on the ipad also. So the font sizes are not 1-1 from desktop to ipad, it somehow converts bigger on ipad.

3 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

If you attach the .afdesgn file and font in question, we can have a look for you :)

Will do as soon as I am back at the office.