You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion: Shortcut for Resource Manager

It would be nice to have a shortcut for quickly open the resource manager, without going in the menu.

I feel that need because when I have the Resource Manager open all the document suddenly becomes slow, especially moving images and frames (I do not understand if this is a problem of the resources of my computer or an application bug), so I keep it open only when I haeve to chek the images parametres.

By the way, great app! Can't wait to use the final stable product!

• Staff

Hi ghela Svevi,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You can create/set shortcuts for all functions listed on the menus. To set a shortcut to the Resource Manager go to Affinity Publisher Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Layout (the default persona in Publisher) and the second one to Document (the menu where the Resource Manager... command is located) then set the keyboard shortcut you want in the corresponding input field on the list below.

Regarding the Performance issues, can you give us more details please. Are you working on Windows or Mac? Does this happen with any document or just with a specific one?

Regarding the issue, I'm working on Win10 on a document composted mostly of images (a 16 pages catalogue). The file is about 164 MB big with images set as linked.

It is the only issue I find by now. When resource manager is closed I don't have any slowdown in moving, resizing any image, even big.

Unfortunally is the first project I make with APublisher so I can't speak by experience.