You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Edit with External Program

28 minutes ago, ozphoto said:

Once my project is complete I would like to take it into another program, I use Qimage for all my printing so there must be a way to send it there?

Well, you won’t be able to use it as a plug-in (as you can in PS etc) but Qimage will load raw, tiff, jpeg files etc.

Photo can export in those formats so there should be no problems at all.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

I too use Qimage for all my printing by exporting my Affinity retouched photos to jpg and then opening them in Qimage Ultimate. It was only in April 2017, seven years after the launch of Qimage Ultimate, that the author of QU started selling plugins for Lightroom, Photoshop, and Photoshop Elements that would enable printing via QU from within those programs. I was still using Elements at that time, but I didn't think the plugin functionality was worth $20 for my limited activity. 

I'd encourage anyone interested in such a plugin for Affinity to post the request in the Qimage forums. Not only would it encourage the QU author to consider the possibility, but it would spread the word further about Affinity, which still seems to be relatively unknown.

I wonder if Serif and the QU author would be interested in collaborating to incorporate QU technology into Affinity. It's hard to imagine Serif ever coming close to the printing functions of QU given all their other priorities for just getting AP into a more competitive position for photo editing.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060