You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone !
Today i want to ask a question that can lead to something interesting for the Affinity suite (Publisher - Designer and Photo).
Well, we have all seen the recent updates and some brought satisfaction when other just brought tears but ... that's not my point here !

Just wanted to know : How will you feel if Serif comes up with a Home Persona or a Home Button ?
I'm asking because personally it would be very helpful to be able to see actual working/worked on or simply opened/created project on its specific section.
I've had hard time to find recent projects etc ... well i make use of the recently opened stuff or recent documents (whatever it is called)... it's good but it's not enough and dedicated place where i would be able to view miniatures of recent documents (i would limit this to .Af files only - no other format) and just click it to open it knowing what i"m opening.
if i'm not wrong it is possible on the iPad version (someone to correct me here if needed) so why not on the desktop version and the current Beta Cycle is the best season to test it.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 12/5/2018 at 12:39 AM, Uncle Mez said:

I'm asking because personally it would be very helpful to be able to see actual working/worked on or simply opened/created project on its specific section.

Hi @Uncle Mez,

this functionality is there at 'File > Open Recent'.

Or are you asking for a more visual representation of your recent files? This could be a nice enhancement of the startup panel.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

4 hours ago, dominik said:

Hi @Uncle Mez,

this functionality is there at 'File > Open Recent'.

Or are you asking for a more visual representation of your recent files? This could be a nice enhancement of the startup panel.

d.

Exactly what i meant !
That Home Persona can be an enhancement of the Welcome/Splash Screen allowing us to view our recent using miniatures.
Don't laugh but we often give funny names to project thus making it a bit hard to find which one is the correct project.

So having a welcome screen where we can view miniature of the project would help us quickly decide which one to open.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

9 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

So having a welcome screen where we can view miniature of the project would help us quickly decide which one to open.

I can see that this would be a good enhancement. Whatever it will be called :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

this may help, 

make it a point to save all Affinity files to one folder, set the folder view to "Cover Flow".   I call it flip through....  

this allows fast thumbnail views, so if all the files in question are in that folder you will be able to 'flip through' them. 

see the one you want and double click it or "open with" 

flip view.png