You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

#103 Affinity Photo Lens correction Develop Engine (Serif Labs Engine)

Dear Team, 

actually I downloaded the newest beta as I recognised Version 1.6.7. was not capable to handle my RAWs für Panasonic DC-G9 with the Serif Labs RAW Engine. Actually loading a picture was completely desaturated and modifying simple contrast was really extreme. Anyhow this is not the topic. I faced the solution using Apple Core RAW Engine but as I want to go with the Serif Labs Engine due to Lens correction which was outstanding also for the Olympus 8mm Fisheye I downloaded the latest beta. 

And what shall I say. I just cannot await to get this Version 1.7. live because the improvements are huge especially recognising much faster loading time on my old MacBook. Unfortunately it seems that the lens correction which was fabulous in 1.6.7. is not applied yet to the beta? Is this right?

Best regards Patryk

21 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Patrik,
Do you have the Len corrections enabled in the Develop Assistant? Assuming that's enabled do you mind attaching a sample file for us to check what's going on? Thanks.

Dear MEB, 

thanks for the swift reply. Actually yes, the lens correction is enabled and the picture looks exact the same like with disabled lens correction. Find below some Screenshots and a RAW file from GX80 attached. 

Here we see loading the .rw2 file to AP 1.6.7. with enabled Lens correction.

1499735205_Bildschirmfoto2018-12-04um22_10_21.thumb.png.cd0eefd9d30278d9a0810d6773f2b075.png

Below screenshot like regular fisheye without correction (in beta 1.7)

1857972612_Bildschirmfoto2018-12-04um22_10_42.thumb.png.92de4646811d9a0dec43cbce41516d4c.png

286118836_Bildschirmfoto2018-12-04um22_11_04.thumb.png.ebbe7fee503de0b44f2b6e1189d874be.png

Sorry everything is in German but actually I can assure that lens correction is enabled. 

Maybe you can try out and actually restore the bug?

Best regards Patryk

_1110949.RW2

18 minutes ago, MEB said:

Thanks for the file Patryk. I'm getting the same results as you. There was a few changes here and seems these lenses are not supported in the latest beta now. I'm logging this to be looked at. Thanks for letting us know.

You are hearty welcome. That's what this forums and betas are for. Actually it seems to be just a little thing. 

Any idea when 1.7. is going live?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.