You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed not printing, but works on export

Thanks Sean. I'll give this a try tomorrow. I was using the pre-installed Microsoft Print to PDF from Windows 10 - I'll get back to you on the physical printer.

The preview image in the print dialogue updated correctly when I toggled the bleed check box.

I'd try it again now, but I don't have the beta installed at home and don't want to wait another 2+ hours for it to download from Amazon S3 at 35ish kB/s :P

Also noticed some odd document rendering when zooming after setting the bleed to values that are large with respect to the document size. For example, a 55 x 35 mm document with a 50 mm bleed.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

Your file worked as expected. I have artboards in my document, so changed yours to have an artboard from document and the bleed then fails to print (range dependant).

Also, the preview fails to show the bleed with the range set to anything other than 'Document'. Not sure if this is expected - I would have thought not?

2018-12-05_09-39-14.gif.4ed0761b1c060e7f0db79658b470753c.gif

Notice how, with include printer marks and bleed selected, there is a very fine red border/bleed.

This is what led me to think it was displaying correctly on my file

13 hours ago, matt.baker said:

The preview image in the print dialogue updated correctly when I toggled the bleed check box.

With Document selected, it does print the bleed as expected.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

13 hours ago, matt.baker said:

Also noticed some odd document rendering when zooming after setting the bleed to values that are large with respect to the document size. For example, a 55 x 35 mm document with a 50 mm bleed.

Cant seem to reproduce this now, so I can only assume that it must have gone into an odd state and cleared once app re-opened.

CrPzyCp.jpg

• Staff
10 minutes ago, matt.baker said:

Your file worked as expected. I have artboards in my document, so changed yours to have an artboard from document and the bleed then fails to print (range dependant).

Also, the preview fails to show the bleed with the range set to Selection or Artboard1. Not sure if this is expected - I would have thought not?

Thats the key! I've reproduced it now, and do agree this does seem a little off, so I shall get it reported to development! Thanks for GIF :) 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.