GilbertF

[By Design] Parallel Installation

Hi,

just tried to install the evaluation versions of Affinity photo, designer and publisher beta in parallel. Two of the three installations failed with an error message like "Installation failed".  Installing one after the other worked flawless. Maybe you can fix this, or improve the error message.

best reagrds

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums!

I have to ask, why would you want this feature?  Many/most users may well have/use all three apps, I do, but I don't understand why this "parallel" installation should have any advantage over "individual" installation.  It is a fact that the three apps have their own program folder; am I right to guess that the use of parallel installation would require a single install folder?  If so, it is not possible now and, speaking personally, I would not like to see it ever happen.

OTOH, I could well be completely wrong about that single folder...

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Windows allows only one installation process to run at a time. If you attempt to start a second install while another is running Windows will terminate the second one.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 Beta

Affinity Publisher is in public beta, so you can keep on replacing an expired version with the latest version until the product is released to retail. The trial versions of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer are strictly time-limited, so although you can install one after the other it would be unwise to run the second one before you’ve finished (or nearly finished) testing the first one.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)