You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect PDF for print rendering

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is just me or whether it is something wrong in the Export>PDF>Print profile

1) I received a PDF from someone else - Messiah 3.pdf  - they probably used Photoshop for their original file.

2) I modified it by straightening the image and aligning the logos in APh - Messiah 3b.pdf using PDF (for export)

3) Then was asked to add the web address at the bottom Messiah 3c.pdf. On first export of this file I decided to try PDF (for print) but when I opened it the image was filled with black so reverted to PDF (for export) which fixed the issue.

Q. Is this
a) just an anomaly with this file?
or
b) is there something wrong with PDF (for print)

Please see the attached files

Messiah 3.pdf

Messiah 3b.pdf

Messiah 3c.pdf

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

39 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Same happens here if I load messiah 3c.pdf and export as a PDF for Print. If ou rasterize the image it works.

The original messiah 3.pdf was made with Microsoft Publisher 2016, btw. 

Thanks for looking Mike. No wonder they had problems when they tried to edit the original and asked me to step in!

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Hi Ken, if you mean the MS Publisher thing, the edits you did could have been done by the original author in MS Pub.

The black image thing is an error in APhoto--I didn't try in AD or APub, so they too may contain the same issue. A few times a year need to use MS Pub. Works fine even for PDFs intended for professional printing.

I get no issues with a final PDF if editing it in anything else.

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Hi Ken, if you mean the MS Publisher thing, the edits you did could have been done by the original author in MS Pub.

Hi Mike, yes I did mean MS Publisher. I'm not too familiar with MSP (and don't have it on my system) finding it quicker to do in APh. AD is my normal go-to app but APh has the perspective tool that I needed for the main image so stayed there. It took less than 20 minutes to complete, but there seemed to be a lot of erroneous boxes and stuff that I presumed the originator put there as they produced the original?

Yes as regards the extra bits. I have no idea why they are there. Sloppy design work. There could be reasons such as recycling a previous design or perhaps using the white boxes to mask off parts and then have a change of mind.

fwiw, I sometimes receive far worse made in, well, just about anything. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.