You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guides and Rulers. Gasp.

According to a reply to a post titled „Rulers scale on AP for iPad“ there are as of now no rulers in Affinity Photo for iPad. In itself this is somewhat surprising considering that rulers are a rather basic design tool. I‘ve started searching for rulers because I actually wanted to add a vertical guide to the second of two artboards. Yes, I know: Document menu > Guides - but here‘s the thing: if you‘re working with more than one artboard the vertical guide will initially appear (at least that was the case for me) to the left of the artboard, the Position dialogue will read 0 mm (or px, pt...). Changing that number to the desired value however will move the guide to that position, say 30 mm, alright - but in the first artboard. Basically you have add to the hypothetical 30 mm the position of the active artboard relative to the first one and once that‘s done, the number in the dialogue will magically change to 30 mm with the guide in the artboard in question. Did I, once again, miss the magic (or obvious) trick or is this somewhat tedious procedure the only way position guides? Are there rulers after all? Is my logic totally skewed because I have been spoiled by working with this other company`s products for twenty years?

41 minutes ago, JustARalf said:

According to a reply to a post titled „Rulers scale on AP for iPad“ there are as of now no rulers in Affinity Photo for iPad.

For those wondering:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)