You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta download speed @ 36 kB/s

Is something broken with the Amazon S3 server config? The download of the beta is painfully slow. Estimated > 2hours to download a 335 MB file...

Location is UK and other downloads are fast including the mainsream release hosted on cloudfront.net.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

1 hour ago, matt.baker said:

Is something broken with the Amazon S3 server config? The download of the beta is painfully slow. Estimated > 2hours to download a 335 MB file...

Location is UK and other downloads are fast including the mainsream release hosted on cloudfront.net.

The problem will be with your ISP and Amazon US East (N. Virginia) (where the files are hosted on S3). The Store release is hosted on Cloudfront which means the file will have been distributed to a location closer to you, which will give better speeds.

Ah, I see.

I've tried it at my workplace which uses BT + Virgin (one line for redundancy), and at home using TalkTalk, but both had the same slow speeds.

I've tried it again at work and it's gone all the way up to ~95 kB/s, but still very slow.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

2 hours ago, matt.baker said:

Ah, I see.

I've tried it at my workplace which uses BT + Virgin (one line for redundancy), and at home using TalkTalk, but both had the same slow speeds.

I've tried it again at work and it's gone all the way up to ~95 kB/s, but still very slow.

Hmm, that's most odd. where in the country are you?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.