You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updating linked images?

Hi all,

I just installed the 1.7 beta and I added an image. There was no way to add a linked image, which is weird. I had to embed the image and then click Replace Image and then replace it and click linked in that dialogue box. Will there be a way to choose a linked or embedded before this goes totally live?

Anyway, now I have a linked image so I went to Photo and opened the source image and scribbled on it with the paintbrush. I then saved it and went back to Designer and a pop-up came up saying that the linked file had been updated however the image on screen has not updated. Should be image within designer not update when I update the linked image in photo?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• Staff

As far as I know these controls will be removed. I have no idea when linked images (along linked/embedded file/images management) will be ported to Designer and Photo, sorry. I suppose we will add them as soon as they are working reliably in Publisher.

I find the answer fully satisfactory. They are testing the feature's reliability before porting to other apps, makes a lot of sense.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Yep, I don't know.....  In every package I've handled in my life, linked images are a life savior when you are creating things like board/card games, and many  types of publications or general designs, where an image is reused in the design (one design even calling many linked images) a lot, and you want to independently edit that image, have it always up to date without needing to re-embed it... But it's maybe just my usual workflows. In the other side, being able to embed is often important, too...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Yeah, those GIANT file sizes are real non-sense. Well, the management of embeded images in AD is, how to say it, at level zero. You wanna a PRO designing app so have "PRO" filesizes. Take it or leave it.

Linked images could present a solution to this, too...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.