You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export/Import Preference settings

I have been using Affinity Designer since last week, and already became a fan! However, there are few minor features that can improve the user experience by a lot:

1. Oftentimes I have to use MS Office products and the default DPI is 96, Affinity Designer uses 72 DPI (same as Adobe) and I often have to change the DPI in Document settings, resulting in dimensions changing in mid-design. I would request to add an option to set default (startup) DPI in the Preference window (maybe in the User Interface Tab).

2. Similarly, the startup ''zoom to fit'' setting is annoying and an option can be added in the User Interface Tab of the Preference window to set the startup zoom to user choice.

3. While there are options for export/import of other tools, the Preference window itself needs the settings selection to be saved and be able to export/import. The user can import the setting once and be done with it, no fiddling around required. I have attached a probable location in the Preference Window.

Untitled.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hello, all …

The comment above is two years old but I see no response to it. It's related to my own question, which is about how yet another export setting might be saved as a preference.

In a Help file, looking at PDF export, I find the following:

Select the area of the publication you would like to include in the export from the Area setting. You may choose from All Spreads, All Pages, Current Spread, and Current Page.

The default seems to be "All Spreads." Is there a way to save a preference such that the "All Pages" setting is the default instead?

I'm referring to Affinity Publisher and I don't see how to save this setting in version 1.9.3.

Thanks for any clues.

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3