CuddlesXu

Missing files when batch processing with Affinity Photo

I use Affinity Photo Mac version. I am a Adobe CC user before. Last month I need to batch convert about 2000 svg icons to PNG with 20 different categories. I tried Illustrator action, failed. I tried Photoshop Image Processing, succeed, but I got blurry PNG files. Then I tried Inkspace,  unfortunately, I got the same result wz Photoshop.

Then I Googled Affinity Photo and installed a trial version. With the Batch Job feature I finished convert all svg files at last. But it was not easy, I cannot add folders with sub-folders, I had to add 20 times for each folder. Luckily,I got high quality PNG files for svg files. Then I decided to purchase a full version.

But soon after I found a problem: This app always miss some files when do Batch Job. It means I have to pick the svg files not converted manually after each converting. Have anyone meet the same problem? How to resolve this? 

Thanks. My English is poor, hope you will understand.

Hi CuddlesXu,

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for your report, we're aware of a few issues currently with batch processing that have been fixed in our latest beta. Would you mind downloading this and trying it out?

Could you also please confirm, what version of Mac OS are you running please?

12 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi CuddlesXu,

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for your report, we're aware of a few issues currently with batch processing that have been fixed in our latest beta. Would you mind downloading this and trying it out?

Could you also please confirm, what version of Mac OS are you running please?

Hi Dan,

Tks for ur reply. I'm using ver. 1.6.11 of Affinity Photo on Mac OS 10.11.6. And I tried beta in ur link. Still the same problem: I cannot add folder with sub-folders and It always skip some files.

image.thumb.png.f38db5c4e04e19bcd05834e5c9d23c3d.png

Thank you for trying that. Could you please open the beta, then Affinity Photo>Preferences>Performance. Under the Display dropdown, please change this to Metal if it's not already set, if already set to Metal please change it to OpenGL and restart the program when prompted.

Try running the batch job again after changing this setting, do you still see files being skipped?

Thanks for confirming that and for your system specs. Unfortunately this appears to be a bug in our current version for Mac OS below Mojave, I'll get this logged with our developers now :)