DragonWhimsy

AD: Recent colors don't show in swatches panel

When accessing the swatches panel through the fill or stroke tools in the contextual toolbar I don't get recent colors or the monochrome options. I also don't get the search bar. It's not the biggest deal in the world since they still work from the swatches panel in the studio but it is a little annoying.

Picture included down below.

swatches_bug.JPG

Why do you think it's a "bug"?

Rather it is the intention to make these popup panels as simple as possible. If you would like them to be identical, then you need to request them in the suggestion thread.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135, Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.285.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

I think it's a bug because I've seen videos of other people having those features there. It's not a feature request, it's SUPPOSED to be that way. It's just not working for me. Unless it used to be that way and the options were removed later? Also, this is for Affinity Designer, not Affinity Photo. So either way it was moved to the wrong forum. ;)

Potentially your copy is also bugged so you never noticed that it wasn't supposed to be that way. Unless they deliberately removed it those features are supposed to be there. 

7 hours ago, DragonWhimsy said:

I think it's a bug because I've seen videos of other people having those features there.

A link to one of the videos may help resolve the mystery

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

17 hours ago, DragonWhimsy said:

I think it's a bug because I've seen videos of other people having those features there. It's not a feature request, it's SUPPOSED to be that way. It's just not working for me.

I think it is a bug because I have it on the Mac (see signature for system information), and it looks like you are running Windows. The videos may be done on Macs.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.192 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.105 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.3

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I think it is a bug because I have it on the Mac (see signature for system information), and it looks like you are running Windows. The videos may be done on Macs.

You're correct. Seems to be fixed in the latest beta tho :)