You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exported files : How to fix blurriness ?

Well i'm a bit surprised that some issues are coming back to the surface but maybe it's on my side !
1- Have noticed my exports get blurry every time : tried to design in A3 then export in A4 then A5 size (PNG: is my mostly used - TIFF or PDF) which was working like a charm in previous release but now they get blurry
2- Went to my Affinity Preferences and now i see :  Display (OpenGL, OpenGL Basic, Software) .... Never touched this before so i would like to know if changing one of this would fix the issue and what each one is or supposed to do.
3- What is Dither gradient ? Would it help ? in what conditions ?

Just remember that the blurriness disappeared with one of the updates (can't recall which one) but now it's back !
So, Your help and support would be appreciated helping me fix this and get back on the road.

Edited by Uncle Mez

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff

Hi Uncle Mez,
1. Can you please attach a sample file where exporting to PNG gives different results that those you got from previous version/build? As far as I now there wasn't changes here.
2. No, changing these shouldn't have any effect on PNG export (unless there's some bug).
3. Dither gradients adds a small amount of noise to disguise banding when rendering gradients on screen so they look smoother (this setting only affects screen rendering - all exported gradients are dithered no matter what setting you choose. There's however ways to "hack/workaround" the dithering in case you do not want it on the exported files).

On 12/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, MEB said:

Hi Uncle Mez,
1. Can you please attach a sample file where exporting to PNG gives different results that those you got from previous version/build? As far as I now there wasn't changes here.
2. No, changing these shouldn't have any effect on PNG export8unless there's some bug).
3. Dither gradients adds a small amount of noise to disguise banding when rendering gradients on screen so they look smoother (this setting only affects screen rendering - all exported gradients are dithered no matter what you choose. There's however ways to "hack/workaround" the dithering in case you do not want it on the exported files).

Hello @MEB sorry for this late reply but we have massive power outage in the town where i live, so sometime i'm okay and sometimes i'm just not.
Please find attached the file i'm referring to.
Please may you have better results than i do, please share the tips so that i can adjust on my side.

Blessings !

New Uncle Mez FB.afdesign

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.