You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing PDFs is broken again in this 1.7.0.192 release.

Placing PDFs is broken again in this release. They are inserted small. This was happening two versions ago, then it was fixed, now it's broken again. My temporary fix is to resize them to 8.5" W in the transform studio. Remember to set the H and W to be linked so they scale together.

2099603870_ScreenShot2018-12-02at7_40_23AM.png.0bd8d0f46771e9c2e48558cddc31959c.png

I appreciate that affinity could embed pdf to even modify it but typographie not follow ;-((

here a copy oginial pdf and place pdf in affinity, the text in the table are wrong in affinity…

Capture d’écran 2018-12-02 à 18.07.55.png

Capture d’écran 2018-12-02 à 18.08.04.png

Mac mini Yosemite / High Sierra V1 - Imac 2017 Monterey V1/V2

logoedition4X5.png

for me it import full size page 215/279,4 and the dia in the middle

i need to see mouse position ^^

rulers ok but my eyes searching numbers :-)

Mac mini Yosemite / High Sierra V1 - Imac 2017 Monterey V1/V2

logoedition4X5.png

Correction: after updating (thought I was already on the latest beta) the PDF does import incorrectly with the size being 4 times smaller (linear across width and height) than the original size. This is definitely a bug.

1 hour ago, Arte said:

Correction: after updating (thought I was already on the latest beta) the PDF does import incorrectly with the size being 4 times smaller (linear across width and height) than the original size. This is definitely a bug.

Thanks, thought I was doing something terribly wrong.  Tried different PDF's: text only, with jpg's, etc.  An 8.5 x 11 inch document looks fine, but above the menu bar it lists it at 421%, not good at all when exported

HI All

This seems to be with PDFs not generated by Publisher. Publisher created ones import at their expected size whlst ones ive exported from other sources display the issue you are describing. I'll get this reported but it would be good to know if any of you do get this with a publisher exported PDF too

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

The one PDF from Publisher I tried did import correctly. PDFs from LibreOffice import correctly sized too in Publisher, one PDF imported at half size instead of quarter size. All PDFs that import at 1/4 or 1/2 size in Publisher import correctly in Designer.

I imported an A5 PDF into Publisher and it scaled down to around 1/4 size. I enlarged to fill an A4 page. Exported to PDF. Acrobat shows an A4 page. Opens as A4 in Designer. Publisher still opens/imports this A4 document at around 1/4 size.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

If you import a PDF created by Preview (it is usually saved as an A4 page) then open it in Publisher, then it imports at a smaller size. 

If you then save that as a pdf and import the saved file into Publisher, that then also imports as an even smaller size. Both are approximately 1/4 of the original size.

Also I opened a previous Publisher document in the 1.7.0.192 version, saved it under a new name, close it then reopen it and save a pdf. 

Open that pdf in publisher results in a smaller document.

So it seems as though even Publisher saved pdfs are affected.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 13.06.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 13.06.05.png

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

HI All

This seems to be with PDFs not generated by Publisher. Publisher created ones import at their expected size whlst ones ive exported from other sources display the issue you are describing. I'll get this reported but it would be good to know if any of you do get this with a publisher exported PDF too

Cheers

To reiterate, this was broken in the past, fixed, and now broken again. I'm creating my PDFs in Vectorworks 2019. It appears that PDFs created from Vectorworks design layers import the correct size, and PDFs created from Vectorworks viewports import 1/4 size. Scale of the Vectorworks drawing has no relevance.

Also tried to place a PDF (X3 and X4 same result) generated by current InDesign. Page size is A4 (210x297mm). Placed it is a little smaler that a quarter.

A A4 generated X3-PDF from AP and placed in a new AP document has the same problem.  Same from the AD beta.

Placing all of these PDFs in the AD beta work in correct size A4.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

To reiterate, this was broken in the past, fixed, and now broken again. I'm creating my PDFs in Vectorworks 2019. It appears that PDFs created from Vectorworks design layers import the correct size, and PDFs created from Vectorworks viewports import 1/4 size. Scale of the Vectorworks drawing has no relevance. 

Do the design layer and sheet layer viewport have the same scale or a different scale? A quick test with a desing layer and a sheet layer viewport at the same scale imported correctly in publisher for me. PDFs generated directly from another CAD program's PDF export do import correctly too, but PDFs generated through Bluebeam do not (size wise that is)

1 hour ago, Arte said:

Do the design layer and sheet layer viewport have the same scale or a different scale? A quick test with a desing layer and a sheet layer viewport at the same scale imported correctly in publisher for me. PDFs generated directly from another CAD program's PDF export do import correctly too, but PDFs generated through Bluebeam do not (size wise that is)

I just did a test and now I have no idea why some come in small. I exported the design layer, it imports in full size. I exported the sheet layer at the same scale, it imports in full size. I exported the sheet layer and changed the scale, it imports in full size.

DL PDF Export.pdf

SL PDF Export.pdf

SL 1:2 Scale PDF Export.pdf

On 12/3/2018 at 5:43 PM, Mr. K said:

I just did a test and now I have no idea why some come in small. I exported the design layer, it imports in full size. I exported the sheet layer at the same scale, it imports in full size. I exported the sheet layer and changed the scale, it imports in full size.

Same here, your latest PDF files all import at proper size. First I thought it might be a units interpretation issue but this seems to be one of those bugs with intermittent occurence and therefore a bit hard to repeat consistently. I may be doing some publication with quite a few CAD (Vectorworks and other) figures in the near future so I'll try to keep an eye on it and when it happens send the stuff to Serif for bug-solving.

7 hours ago, AdamW said:

Thank you all. We believe we have found this recently introduced problem with PDF Import scaling and the fix will be available in the the next build.

Great news. It's quite a goofy mess as it is now. I just had some come in so tiny I could hardly see them!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.