You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

problem with expand stroke....

9 hours ago, macCesar said:

It is incredible that Designer ( and maybe Photo and Publisher ) CAN zoom up to 1 Million percent. while keeping every single detail in all the shapes ( curves and strait lines ).

But it can not expand correctly a "small" ( or relative small ) stroke !!!???

Perhaps the current staff can figure out and code zoom but not more complex features. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 8 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:57 PM, MEB said:

Hi dok,
Yes, this is currently being worked on.

Hi,

This is a crucial feature also in print production.

Another annoying bug or feature in AD is that it makes hundreds of unnecessary anchor points when expanding stroke.

Hopefully we get update soon.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, MEB said:

Hi dok,

I hope with 'currently' you really mean 'at this very moment'. Because this is being asked so many times and for such a long time (meaning years) I started to think this mayor issue for a vector drawing program was never going to get fixed. Hopefully the issue @Jaakko is writing about; the unnecessary anchor points (on pretty weird locations on curves too), will be fixed with this as well. That would be really fantastic!!! Looking forward to this fix!!! :)

BTW Nice to see so much fixes and updates are being done after the time Publisher was released. That's great!

• 2 weeks later...

Any improvements to the expand stroke code in the current beta (1.8.0.486) ? A developer mentioned it being part of the 1.8 beta before dropping his microphone, and before this beta surfaced here.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

46 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Thx, yes I have seen it. But since the developer mentioned it was part of the 1.8 beta I was curious... perhaps forgotten in release notes. :)

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, MEB said:

Hi dok,

When I was asking if it REALLY was 'currently' being worked on this was MEBs reaction:

On 10/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, MEB said:

Hi Friksel,
Yes, that's what I meant. Regarding the number of anchor points, I do not have any specific info regarding this although I personally believe it will also be better/more efficient as a consequence of the rewritten/revised code.

This was posted by @MEB two (!!) months ago. That's 4 scrum sprints of 2 weeks each to solve this nasty issue that so many people experience problems with for YEARS!!

14 minutes ago, nod74 said:

Cant believe that this bug still exists :(

I do. They just don't do ANYTHING to fix this and obviously don't take customers serious or they just don't know how to solve this themselves and keep adding more features instead, leaving this bug lying around, just because that's more fun to program.

Otherwise I can't think of any reason why this incredibly important basic functionality of a VECTOR program still doesn't work after so many years. This is the bare basic of a vector program.

• Staff

Hi Friksel, nod74,
This was indeed being worked/fixed at the time of the post (it's being tested as we speak). The fix will be included in v1.8 Beta for Mac (not available at time of writing) and in v1.8 Beta for Windows (at time of writing the current Windows 1.8 Beta doesn't include this fix). Some issues imply rewriting parts of the code or the whole feature - they are not just simple corrections or addons to existing code and take more time and testing than usual. With Publisher's recent release a lot of time and effort was spent on solving its issues and on its integration with the rest of the suite which ended up delaying Designer and Photo 1.8 Betas a bit. As explained several times we have limited dev resources and some fixes may end up taking more time than we hoped for but that doesn't mean we don't care about customer's issues/problems. We are simply doing our best with the resources we have. Thanks for understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Laureen said:

How can I get access to the 1.8 beta version of affinity?

You look in the appropriate forum for your application and OS in the beta section of the forums: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-beta-software-forums/

At the top of the forum for your application/OS you will find a post with the details. Be sure to read them carefully.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 2/23/2020 at 10:48 AM, walt.farrell said:

You look in the appropriate forum for your application and OS in the beta section of the forums: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-beta-software-forums/

At the top of the forum for your application/OS you will find a post with the details. Be sure to read them carefully.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Laureen said:

Thank you!

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Artemotion,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Yes, this is a known bug with the latest release (1.8.1). A few of these bugs were already fixed in the latest Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.8.2.1) for macOS (and soon on Windows). If you are using macOS you may want to give it a try. Let us know if you still find issues there. Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.