Pattou

Cropping : something's wrong

Hi,

When I crop with destructive options "Rééchantillonnage..." (sorry, French version), either AP instantly crashes or I can not modify the filter's blending or opacity after cropping.

When AP crashes, a recovery file can be opened but again, filters blending/opacity can not be modified.

Patrick

[Edit : new filters I add after cropping are functional and I can modify their options]

Capt.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

I've came to the point that it might be due to the file format, 32bits. I've then converted the file to 16b ans changed the filter blending.

I've got this :Capt2.thumb.JPG.06cc7eb8e0620dc5cedf7e3048ff6176.JPG

My GC drivers are up to date.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

14 hours ago, rudyumans said:

Besides that, the custom ratios are not working at all in beta 1.7.188

Agreed. We wait for the next Beta :)

Just now, Chris B said:

I can't reproduce this Pattou. Do you have any crash reports that you can attach? 

Can anyone else get this to crash?

Hi Chris,

It just happens now and it did very often this WE but I did editing before cropping (32b--> 16b --> cloning--> inpainting--> etc.). I do not know if any crash report has been sent because APhoto shut off without alerting... just gone. And it appears only with "destructive" cropping.

Patrick

16 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I can't reproduce this Pattou. Do you have any crash reports that you can attach? 

Can anyone else get this to crash?

No problem at all if I crop before doing any editing.

I just can't get it >:( Can you try it with some other image formats please? If they don't crash, can you attach one of the original images you got the crash with? 

19 hours ago, Chris B said:

I just can't get it >:( Can you try it with some other image formats please? If they don't crash, can you attach one of the original images you got the crash with? 

Chris,

I have a file for you :) Can you send me a link to upload it and with which "libellé" (name) ?

It crashed immediately after I had created a mask.

Cheers,

Patrick

12 minutes ago, Pattou said:

I have a file for you :) Can you send me a link to upload it and with which "libellé" (name) ?

Here's a link to our private Dropbox. Just call it whatever you'd like :D 

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

My question was to help you correlating the file with the problem (you certainly have many files in this dropbox) ;)

"AnonymousXYZ" would not help xD

7 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Uploading in process. Not very fast, it is going to take a while...

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

You have your own special folder so it's easy to find your submission(s) :) Great stuff! I'll wait patiently :P 

Waaawww, I feel so special xDxD Never imagined you create an unique folder per problem ;)

27 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I'll wait patiently :P 

Done -_-

Well, I got the crash! I initially thought it was the file size causing the crash but it looks like it happens when you've got a mask as I can reproduce it on my own image that's much smaller.

I can pass this to the developers now :3_grin:

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Well, I got the crash! I initially thought it was the file size causing the crash but it looks like it happens when you've got a mask as I can reproduce it on my own image that's much smaller.

I can pass this to the developers now :3_grin:

Nice :) I think I've forgotten to convert the file to 16bits. Crash should also happen after 16bits conversion.

It might be the same cause for the other crash I reported (32b --> 16b conversion).

On 12/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, rudyumans said:

Besides that, the custom ratios are not working at all in beta 1.7.188

On 12/3/2018 at 12:12 AM, Dave Quail said:

Agreed. We wait for the next Beta :)

I just wait for the commercial version. Maybe by then they incorporated the rotation of the golden ratio overlay. Having it fixed in one position, makes it useless

54 minutes ago, rudyumans said:

I just wait for the commercial version. Maybe by then they incorporated the rotation of the golden ratio overlay. Having it fixed in one position, makes it useless

I think I've tried the "o" key in the beta and it still works for me just as it did in 1.6.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 Beta

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I think I've tried the "o" key in the beta and it still works for me just as it did in 1.6.

that rotates through the different options, but does not rotate the Golden Spiral itself from one corner of the image to another corner

It's no big deal, but I figured since they are rewriting the crop tool anyway

3 hours ago, rudyumans said:

that rotates through the different options, but does not rotate the Golden Spiral itself from one corner of the image to another corner

It's no big deal, but I figured since they are rewriting the crop tool anyway

My apologies. As with Photo 1.6, if you press "o" while the 1.7 Crop Tool is active you get a compositional overlay with several choices. One of them is the golden spiral. While the golden spiral is displayed pressing Shift+o will rotate the spiral from one corner to another.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 Beta