anweid

Undoing a resizing operation destroys mask contents

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 (German) on a German Windows 7 (64bit) behaves as follows:

1. Create a new document with some background and at least one additional layer using a mask, so that only parts of this masked layer are visible.
  2. Resize the document, e.g., reduce the number of pixels. The document dimensions get smaller, but everything still looks as desired. Fine.
  3. Directly after the resizing, undo this resizing. The previous document dimensions are correctly restored, but, depending on the previous resizing settings, the contents of the mask is either fully or partially lost and can never be restored again with the history.

This seems to happen very 'reliably' - no document in which I ever tried this behaved otherwise.

Andreas Weidner

Screen recording attached. Some hints:

• Until 1:00, I just create a new document with two layers, one of them masked.
  • From 1:01 to 1:10, I Alt+click the mask to show it in grayscale to make its contents decently visible.
  • Around 1:19, I resize the document. In this case, only horizontally, but the error also happens with equal scaling in both directions. The resulting image at 1:30 looks correct.
  • Around 1:36, the undo is done. The resulting image looks similar to the previous one, but it's not the same.
  • Around 1:40, I Alt+click the mask again. It is not the same mask as previously: The undo has done damage horizontally (vertical seems to be OK).

Not shown: If I scale equally in both directions, the following undo also destroys the mask scale in both directions. If I may hazard a guess what the problem might be: It looks to me as if your undo algorithm would undo the mask scaling twice instead of once.

Attached is also a similar file for you to try...

Andreas Weidner

DestroyedMask.afphoto