You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all. If I convert a file from RAW in Photo then use a plugin filter (NIK, Topaz etc) any crop I have added is lost. Even if I convert then crop in Photo the crop is still reset to the original proportions in the filter. See the screenshots for examples cos it's kinda hard to write about while listening to Pretty Fly (for a white guy) loud!

Do others see this?

PhilRose  0299.jpg

PhilRose  0300.jpg

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

I'm actually on a Mac and not Win version of these, here the NIK plugin filters will take over/show up the full initial image (as if it hasn't been cropped) but as far as you apply the NIK filter (press Ok) it will be applied to the cropped size in APh. - So the plugin filters seem to get the whole image hand over from APh, but in return APh does adapt the made plugin settings then over to the cropped image layer. At least under MacOS here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Ah, you know what? The Rasterize trick works in AFPhoto but NOT in the 1.7 Beta. How weird. I should get that info to Serif. Anyone else with the Beta confirm what I'm seeing?

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

8 minutes ago, Phil_rose said:

Ah, you know what? The Rasterize trick works in AFPhoto but NOT in the 1.7 Beta. How weird. I should get that info to Serif. Anyone else with the Beta confirm what I'm seeing?

Does it work in the beta if you set the "Crop method" in the Context toolbar to "Resample and crop" rather than "Non-destructive"?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Well, perhaps you could finish developing and then crop in the Photo persona without changing the size of the crop box :)
But I would think that rasterizing would also work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Well, perhaps you could finish developing and then crop in the Photo persona without changing the size of the crop box :)
But I would think that rasterizing would also work.

Rasterizing works but NOT in the beta for 1.7. Anyway, it's not a big problem for me personally as I always use Exposure X3 to process raws anyway but it might affect others more.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com