You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard shortcut to create sublayer in Affinity Designer?

Hi,

Is there a keyboard shortcut to create a sublayer in Affinity Designer? I find it necessary to nest layers in order to keep them organized and I find it's a lot of unnecessary time to have to go over to the layers panel and drag a layer within another layer. At first I tried grouping layers, as there is a keyboard shortcut for that, but its tremendously hard to select lines within groups layers in this program. So, is there a fast efficient way to create sublayers to organize layers?

Thanks,

Erica

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Erica said:

Thank you. For some reason I am finding it harder to select and manipulate lines within groups than I do within Adobe Illustrator, but maybe that's just because I am a newbie...not sure.

It can often be much easier if you set the view mode to Outline. Then you can only select objects by clicking on the lines, not the Fill.

As for layers inside layers, you can set ‘Insert inside’, so that new layers you create will automatically be nested inside selected layers. Sub-layers if you like. All of these things can have keyboard shortcuts applied.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thank you Toltec. That was brilliant. Working in Outline view was a good tip; it is indeed easier and I was able to locate where to fill in the shortcut for Insert Inside (although it would be great if I could see all the keyboard shortcuts listed in one list or if it were searcheable.) Thanks tons.