You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Antialiasing and Export of images made of different parts

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Wosven,

Apologies for the late reply.

Are you able to confirm if you still get issues in the current build? I've exported from the linked pdf and not encountered any negative images, what file format were you exporting to?

If you are still getting the aliasing/lines on export with selections is it possible for you to attach (or I can provide a dropbox link if you'd prefer it to not be public) the file you are exporting from?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

About exporting image from imported PDF: there's again grey-black or white lines when exporting as TIFF or JPEG using nearest neighbour ou bilinear (with or without background), if the image is made of slices.

I tested this (orange picture from post 1) with the bottom image page 5 of this PDF.

I used an APub file created with the previous version of APub, for export tests, since I couldn't test it with version .206 (this version take too much time to open such PDFs, there's a problem with encoding of fonts once opened, and I tested with 40 or only 8 pages imported: it take a long time to import it, and I was unable to save the document in less that 30 minutes… and aborted the operation. APub was using a lot of memory, 6G or more. I installed it yesterday, and rebooted, there's no reason it's hanging like this, more than previous version that was able to save the 40 pages document in few minutes).

• Staff

Hi Wosven,

I've reproduced images being exported as negative when exporting to SVG. I've logged this for the developers to look into further.

I'm still investigating the aliasing on export and will update you on this.

I used an APub file created with the previous version of APub, for export tests, since I couldn't test it with version .206 (this version take too much time to open such PDFs, there's a problem with encoding of fonts once opened, and I tested with 40 or only 8 pages imported: it take a long time to import it, and I was unable to save the document in less that 30 minutes… and aborted the operation. APub was using a lot of memory, 6G or more. I installed it yesterday, and rebooted, there's no reason it's hanging like this, more than previous version that was able to save the 40 pages document in few minutes).

Can I clarify here, you are unable to open/re-save the E-Paper_ANP0834.pdf in .206 as the program takes too much time to open it? I've not had those issues here on .206 but am substituting a lot of fonts at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, Jon P said:

Can I clarify here, you are unable to open/re-save the E-Paper_ANP0834.pdf in .206 as the program takes too much time to open it? I've not had those issues here on .206 but am substituting a lot of fonts at the moment.

H @Jon P, and happy new year!

Yes, I've got issues to open this PDF as easily as with the previous APub version. It take a long, long time… And APub and AD've got a problem with the fonts of those PDFs.

2019-01-06_145218.png.b91840d0f7712467ea0bf24143ad00b2.png

Trying to save as APub file ("save as…") take more than 40 minutes… I cancelled again.

It's seems to be related to the file (testing no 833 is faster in APub and really fast in AD) while 834 hang in AD.

Ligatures:

APub want to add ligatures when opening PDF when there's none.

2019-01-06_154952.png.435bcb7ed10c8aebc74701a69635bbfe.png2019-01-06_155408.png.805b39714ffb1ac5ad99833965090794.png

• Staff

Happy new year :),

The fonts/encoding of the pdf is already logged with us (Chris K logged this from another thread).

I've tested the loading times here on a few machines and it doesn't seem to take too long to load, re-saving it however does take longer.

I would expect this pdf to take some time to be saved as an afpublisher file (a fair amount of pages and high dps images), do you mind letting me know your system specs?

The worst we've had is 10-15minutes to re-save.

Thanks

It's only an old Pentium G3460 with 8Go memory (my personnal computer, I wouldn't have lag at work :P )

2019-01-07_233148.png.e9377959e3e65e400233372bfb830298.png

Edit: I was watching videos while it was opening/saving the PDF, and usually Firefox use 2G memory with lot of tabs I want to read.

• Staff

Hi Wosven,

I've loaded this onto a fairly resource limited VM and the worst I can seem to get is around 15-20minutes to save. I've spoken to the developers about this and they are going see what can be done to get this time down, however it should be noted that the 34 PDF is a fairly complex and image heavy document, and on a resource limited machine long times are to be expected.

Thanks Jon,

That's infortunate that I played to redo this document in APub from the paper version,  and choose to open this PDF to check things and export/import images to get a more lively version :P

There's usually no problem opening PDF, but sometimes the font encoding one.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.