You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simple magazine layout in Publisher Beta

Paul Chiswick

Nice. But, did you put those tiny white frames around some pages on purpose or by mistake? They are too tiny to be printed correctly on paper.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Hi,

That's a nice idea and document, you can have a lot of pages on such a subject.

You need to modify some parts for text to be more readable and for having more lively layout (it's nearly square and too regular for my taste).

• On the cover, darkening the part behind the text would help to read it, same with the castles names on larges images inside.
  • The flags are so big they're more important than the pictures and the text, you can reduce them since their color is bright enough.
  • On the castle pages, it could be more 1/3 - 2/3 and the 3 little pictures would be more interesting if you had one bigger to give a focus…
  • And last, I'm not fond of the logo on the pictures, I'd rather have an usual copyright mention, if the one on the second page isn't enough.

There's a strange hole in the fireplace :S

Dereliction SOSv2.pdf

Wosven,

I like all your suggestions and the result is very professional looking. As I commented to Petar, this was a test of the Beta, not my graphic design skills! It would need bleeds and a proper grid and much else, but as I said, your  suggestions are a definite improvement. I also agree with you, this is a subject iwhere there is a great deal of infomation and it would be good to see a professional magazine!