You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export of embedded images

Hi,

First, thanks all for working hard days and nights, work days and week-end (it seems) to give us fine 1.7 apps.
We spend a lot of time reporting bugs with few thanks.

I was playing around importing PDF and tested exporting some embedded files. APub exports the selected image depending of its display size, not its original size, and that's fine.

For exporting at the original size, we need to use the resources manager and [Make linked]. Nice too.

I don't know what the trigger is, but APub asked me if I wanted to linked all embedded images for this document, since there was a lot of them. Nice. How does it happended? I was using File > Export selection, if I remember well, before it happens :)

Next thing, I tested the "Export all embedded images". That's really usefull, but there's some bugs.
Some images aren't differentiated and are exported as the same image (same name), but APub keeps different previews.

Another point, it would be usefull to have the page number instead of the first "1" (exported files names are: File_name + 1, File_name + 1_2, File_name + 1_n, …): File_name + page_number + n

2018-12-01_101851.thumb.png.54697af57adde02f92c15d7240f55d6d.png

Hi Wosven

These probably should have different names so i shall pass it on to the development team

Although looking at this it seems the issue is more with different images being grouped when the PDF is opened so it already thinks its the same image, rather than the process of saving out the embedded files itself

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.