You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying XnView as a DAM by right clicking file/open with/AP then completing adjustments before Save as. All of this works well except that the saved image is very small. I tired the same approach from Bridge but the resulting thumbnail is an AP icon not the image. Saving with another file name resolves this but both thumbnails must remain making demands on storage space.

Does anyone have suggestions to resolve this please? The XnView approach appears to be the most effective if I could get a full size file.

Thank you

AFAIK Bride will not re-scale an image higher than ist resoultion. You only get a 100% view, not bigger, XN view allows even a crank 16000%  resize... There are some options for thumbnail-library in both... but as said if the picture itself is just 200x200 p Bridge will not bring eg. 600% view of it. Also bridge does not show thumbs for AP-files, XN view can show at least AP-files.

However both are not able to "place" one or several images... just open as new file... 

I prefer the GUI of Bridge, but the functionality of XN... Both needs lot of rework, but for freeware i will not being pissed of, i would say 1000 thanks for that.

I dnot like "monolith-librarrys" like apple photos or pixave... wich do not scan the file-system and dont refresh automatically, instead you have really to duplicate and "address" the pictures., can nort overwrite, needs duplicates... will not find them later..

I like in both: XN and Bridge the explorer-like-collopse sidebar - i miss this hard in osx-finder... So, i would say both Tools are the best "seacrh and reorder" DAMs on the market and free... its hard to decide... bridge looks much better (is better to "read", understand, configure...), but XN offers more functions... 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

2 hours ago, Poohbear said:

All of this works well except that the saved image is very small.

XNView displays an embedded jpeg thumbnail, not the 'real' image.  AP will have saved the image at the correct size.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10