You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been working through the help files.

Regarding Symbols, I've found two issues:

1. The help files on the subject of synchronization are not clear.
  2. It appears that color and weight attributes for strokes synchronize, but the color attribute for fill does not. (EDIT: Color attribute does not synch for Shapes, but does synch if the Shape is converted to a Curve.)

(EDIT 2: I've conducted a second test, and the synchronization does work for fills and strokes for both Shapes and Curves. I didn't understand how the Synch button was supposed to work. Perhaps the Help files could be a little more explicit.)

30 minutes ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

2. It appears that color and weight attributes for strokes synchronize, but the color attribute for fill does not. (EDIT: Color attribute does not synch for Shapes, but does synch if the Shape is converted to a Curve.)

Hi Mark. In my case it synchronizes well (stroke width, stroke color, fill color) on both: shapes and curves.
Are you sure you didn't switched off the Sync button accidentally?

Elmonopascual,

Thank you. You were right. I must have switched off the Sync button and disconnected the fill from the Symbol.

I just conducted a second test, and fills and strokes for both Shapes and Curves updated correctly when the Sync button was depressed.

I guess the help file was a little unclear.

Is it possible to reset a symbol that has had either its fill or stroke disconnected from the Sync?

6 hours ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

Is it possible to reset a symbol that has had either its fill or stroke disconnected from the Sync?

I've been wondering this too, and there does not currently seem to be an option for that.

It would be nice to have some kind of inspector for a symbol or a selected layer within a symbol that would show which attributes/properties are detached and have an option to resync them either by applying the change to the symbol and other connected members and connecting or by taking the value from the symbol and reapplying it to the current one, syncing it again or leaving it detached after setting the value once...

That said, at a minimum there should be an option to maybe right-click on a symbol and "Resync All Properties to Symbol" to match the symbol back to the original and set everything to sync again.

There is another thread where someone was asking for an option that would cause all instances of the symbol to be resynced to the original, which is not a bad option to have either...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...