You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion: Set Maximum Range of Stroke Slider

Hello! I have a suggestion for the stroke slider.

Currently, no matter the size of your document, the stroke slider goes from 0 to 100 pts.

I tend to work on smaller sized documents and use precise lines for illustration. The steps between .5, 1, 1.5 points etc are a little tight for me.

I would suggest being able to input a number in points, inches or mm next to the stroke slider that would define it's maximum value.

For example i could put 1 inch into the slider max box, and the full draggable range of the slider would be from 0 to 1 inch with the same amount of steps in between. Making for ultra precise line width.

OR i could put 8 inches into the stroke slider max range, so when im working at billboard size, i could still work with really big outlines and wouldnt be limited to 100pts (which equals out to about 1.38 inches).

Thoughts?

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery