You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will imported brushes and assets for Ad and AP still work when v. 1.7 arrives?

jmwellborn

This is undoubtedly a very stupid question, but having owned Photo for the past two years and having just purchased Designer and the lovely DAUB Watercolors and Washes and the  Smoke and Cloud brushes, and downloaded several lovely brushes and assets from the Resources forum, I have been wondering whether they are going to be compatible with the new 1.7 versions of AP/AD when the arrive and which will be integral with the first commercial Publisher?   Probably a little knowledge being a dangerous thing, but I have been reading in the Resources forum about the trial vegetation brushes for v. 7 which got me thinking.    Will I be up the creek without a paddle?

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

8 hours ago, Lee D said:

You can download the current 1.7 betas of Photo and Designer from the beta section of the forum and import and try the brushes yourself. This also gives you the opportunity to also try some of the new features being added to the 1.7 versions.

"Ask a silly question and get a . . . ."       OF COURSE, the brushes and assets import  seamlessly into v. 1.7 Designer.    Just downloaded Designer beta.   Everything came in perfectly, was deposited in vector and pixel departments, and is working just as it should.    Whew!   Thank you!!!       

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

Actually, all the brushes imported beautifully.   Some of the assets I found in the Resources forum and which imported perfectly into the Commercial version of Designer, refuse to import into the Beta.   They just shoot back and open the commercial version, where they already exist.   This is disappointing, but not unexpected.    I hope that the designers of these lovely things will upgrade their files when v. 1.7 is ready for purchase.

Hi,

I guess this behaviour will be fixed once the only installed version will be 1.7.

This happens (again, I guess...) because 1.6.x is your default version for resources, so it is opened by default (and resources installed).

To avoid this behaviour I suggest to install them manually in Beta version during the beta period.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

6 hours ago, paolo.limoncelli said:

Hi,

I guess this behaviour will be fixed once the only installed version will be 1.7.

This happens (again, I guess...) because 1.6.x is your default version for resources, so it is opened by default (and resources installed).

To avoid this behaviour I suggest to install them manually in Beta version during the beta period.

Thank you so much for your kind reply.    That is exactly what I did after a night of troubled dreams and a grim determination to keep those assets.   I opened the beta version of Designer, told it to behave itself, and opened each document file containing the downloaded assets rather than using “Import Assets.”   The beta asked me if I was quite sure about that and I made the suggested copy of each file.   And then I methodically created new categories and added selections, one by one.   GOT ‘EM!!!!

And on quite another note — thank you, too, for creating the glorious smoke and cloud brushes. They are spectacular!!

Merry Christmas!