You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture frame un-locked children still locked

Release notes for 192 say 'Fixed Lock Children not functioning for Picture Frames' - but seems to me that it still doesn't work properly - rather children are permanently locked, un-checking has no effect.

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

Hi Chris,

I see - if I just move the frame, then yes lock child does what you're describing - I assumed unlocking the child (while properties are set to 'none') would also mean that when I enlarge the frame with a grab handle that the image would scale up too like it does if you paste an image inside a vector shape. If you use picture frame is there any way to scale up a manually cropped image? Only way I've found is to first group the picture frame, which seems a bit of a hack.

If not I'll stick with placing images inside shapes, but it makes placing an image a three step process when it should only take one. There's several ways to get an image on the page in Publisher - none seems to make it simple to place an image, crop it how you want then scale that cropped image up, I'd have thought that was a the most common use of images.

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.