You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HI,

I have downloaded the test (mac) version of A D with the intention of buying the full version after playing around with it for 10 days. However, when using the test version on OSX Sierra I cant find the picture frame tool anywhere. I need to position photos within frames but am not able to do so at present. Is this function missing from the test version? If so it renders it pretty much useless....

• Staff

Hi Ian Mills,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The Picture Frame Tool is only available in Affinity Publisher, not Designer. Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may use layer clipping to achieve a similar result. Drww a rectangle (or use any other shape as the base for the "frame"), then drag the image layer over the shape layer you just created in the Layers panel to use the shape as a clipping object. You can adjust both the frame and the image inside it independently from each other selecting the corresponding layer in the Layers panel (you may need to click the small arrow on the left of the shape's thumbnail to expand the layer to select the clipped image layer).

If you want to adjust/transform the shape (frame) without affecting the image inside, tick the Lock Children button in the context toolbar (the shape layer must be selected otherwise you will not see this option).