You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi ridon1973,

Welcome to the forums.

Affinity Photo doesn't have any print layouts, unlike our legacy Plus range of apps. It's a feature that's been requested and may be added in a future update. In the meantime you could create a blank document/canvas and use File > Place to insert your images, this would allow you to size and position them as you wish.

• 11 months later...

actually I'm toying with the idea of changing to W*nd*ws as I'm now annoyed with Mac for upgrading to an OS that won't run my version of Bridge - or Digital Photo Professional or any of my Canon stuff.  Affinity is better than Photoshop in all respects except I can't produce contact sheets, and for someone that runs a photo library (albeit as a hobby) that's a major disadvantage.  So far I haven't managed to get 'Photos' to do what I want although that's Mac's fault, not yours.  What a waste of space (my Mac as it is currently, I mean)!

Blame the software companies for that (Adobe, Canon), it takes some time for them to adapt to newer OS versions. Sometimes they also wait until things are more stable there for new OS versions. -  Further new MacOS versions always also contain a bunch of new things and internal changes, thus it takes some more time until such a complex thing like an operating system works halfway flawlessly (no matter if Win or MacOS) here.

Related to Contact Sheets on MacOS there are a bunch of other ways to do these ...

There are also third party tools which address this...

The same applies to Windows, there are also system based tools which allow to do so and also a bunch of third party apps and viewers which allow to do so.

Generally search the Internet for available solutions here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 11/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, v_kyr said:

Blame the software companies for that (Adobe, Canon), it takes some time for them to adapt to newer OS versions.

It also seems like most printer makers are not particularly interested in providing updated native driver software that is compatible with newer OS versions & their older printer models, including their expensive high end models. >:(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...
On 11/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, R C-R said:

most printer makers are not particularly interested in providing updated native driver software

This is one of the reasons I usually try to stick with printers that have native PostScript (or compatible) or at least PCL support as these are somewhat standardized and allow the printers to work with most operating systems of note going back quite a few years, as well as forward for the foreseeable future.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:04 AM, ridon1973 said:

produce a contact sheet

It might be interesting to do this with Publisher:

It would be nice to be able to set up a master page with a photo frame and a text frame, then drag images onto the icon for the master page in the Pages panel and have it create a matching page for each of the images dropped onto the master, populating the photo frame with the photo and the text frame with the file name.

Using n-up printing would then produce a contact sheet, but this option of generating pages that way may also be useful for other types of structured documents involving per-page photos...

There should be a bunch of third party tools for such purposes. - I sometimes use a Java based one, which I customized to my individual needs ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

DiapoSheet is very good

https://softobe.com/diaposheet.html

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk