You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Icon appearance changed in the dock

Hi Gabe, seems simple but it didn't work.  This is my personal computer, I am an administrator but my backspace attempt results in the "funk" sound effect that says that I can't do that.  No message that ask for my permission.   I shut down Affinity to see if that might help but no.  Any other thoughts?

I had this a couple of months ago, this fixed the issue for me first time, some people have had to do this a couple of times before it finally stuck.

1) Restart your computer

2) As soon as you hear the reboot sound, press and hold the "Shift" key, (Keep it pressed until you see the login screen)

3) Log into your computer as per usual. (The tech noted that some computers will say "Safe Mode" somewhere on the screen to let you know, but in my case, there was nothing to indicate that I was on safe mode aside from everything being super slow. Safe mode usually causes your computer to be slower because some software features are disabled.)

4) Wait about 30 seconds or so, or... make a sandwich, write a list, get a drink or just sort your desk lol!

5) Restart the computer normally. (Normally means no pressing the shift key on hearing the chime)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

4) Wait about 30 seconds or so,...

I wish it was 30 seconds, several minutes. So yeah, clean the desk or start making a sandwich. It will clear a lot of junk out and reset tons of things to their proper functioning selves.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.