You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import procreate brush into affinity designer

Thanks for your prompt response! When I try to share a brush from procreate it does not give me the option of which file format to choose. If you know procreate well I would appreciate your suggestions. Advanced settings in procreate allow me to choose drag and drop format. Nothing is working so far. Procreate allows me to copy the brush. Can I paste it into affinity designer brushes on the ipad?

42 minutes ago, Frankdrawsnear said:

Have you tried renaming the file from ".brush" to ".afbrush"

If it is a brushset maybe ".afbrushes"

Edit--Just tried it and it didnt work

On 11/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, ibrahimaljada said:

I just found out that procreate exports brushes as    .brush  file. 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:32 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @ibrahimaljada,

Welcome to the forums. 

What file type is it? Have you tried to save that file to the local storage and then import it?

Thanks,

Gabe.

The brushes (individually) save as .brush, while the group of brushes save as .brushset, I tried importing them on those file types, aswell as .abr and .afbrushes but it doesnt work, it still shows dimmed in both dropbox and local storage

Edit-- I also tried zipping the files, didnt work

On 11/30/2018 at 4:30 PM, ibrahimaljada said:

I just found out that procreate exports brushes as    .brush  file. 

23 minutes ago, Frankdrawsnear said:

The brushes (individually) save as .brush, while the group of brushes save as .brushset, I tried importing them on those file types, aswell as .abr and .afbrushes but it doesnt work, it still shows dimmed in both dropbox and local storage

Edit-- I also tried zipping the files, didnt work

I don’t think the Affinity apps can read Procreate’s *.brush format. Changing the extension doesn’t change the internal format of the file, and zipping the file merely creates a compressed archive of the contents.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I don’t think the Affinity apps can read Procreate’s *.brush format. Changing the extension doesn’t change the internal format of the file, and zipping the file merely creates a compressed archive of the contents.

Yeah...

But I managed to add it another way

Despite not looking pretty (and time consuming if you are trying to import all the Paraline Brush set, or any brush set), you could do this

Take a screenshot in the brush for menu (procreate), open it in AP,     Crop it so that there is only the brush shape,     Add a contrast filter and invert the image colours(to black),     Export it as an image,    and then add it as an intensity brush, and then add the settings for the brush, for example, to make this nebula brush look like it is really bright it is needed to change the blending mode to "add" 

Looks close enough

36FCFA9A-9AF1-4FBD-AA7D-5D5338E0794A.png

C8C8FDB4-6423-49FB-A914-0B910CA22D7A.png

BE54715E-F4DA-44F8-8584-DED4D3EB4901.png

FA13C395-7748-452B-8710-1D9999723371.png

2BE71810-A412-4201-AE57-30882614C582.png

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

The brushes files are compressed files like .zip or .rar. You can right-click on it and "open with WinRar" or any application you got to open those extensions. You'll see the folders for each brush and in it you'll find the PNG file for the brush. So you don't have to make them in Procreate. An finally, use the PNG to make your brush in Affinity designer.

• 10 months later...