You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Find and Replace Issues

I have 2 concerns/bugs regarding the Find and Replace panel.

1. You can't tab from Find field to Replace with field.

2. The Replace All button is disabled initially, which is great. But once you perform a search it stays enabled. So if I wanted to find and replace something else this button is clickable but it doesn't do anything. You still have to click the Find button first to be able to then click Replace All. I think I should be able to click Replace All without clicking Find to perform the operation.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

>> 1. You can't tab from Find field to Replace with field.

To me a tapped tab key guides to and highlights the pulldown menu icon next to the find text box. Its first entry tells the key for tab in find:  \t

>> 2. The Replace All button (...)

I might misunderstand you, this appears to work for me: I select one of the found entries and click "Replace", then, without any step between I click "Replace All" and it does what expected. So if I want to find and replace something else I am glad I must enter the find button again – to avoid a "Replace All" now would do any change to elements in the previous result list.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.