You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo on iPad wasting disk space?

Has anyone else found affinity photo on iPad wasting disk space?

I had a small number of files open but iPad says affinity was taking up 8gb of documents and data.

after closing them all it now says 5.6gb! Even though I have no files open, and all my files are saved to iCloud Drive. 

I cna five this by deleting affinity and re-downloading, but it seems like a colossal waste of space, especially on a 64gb iPad. Anyone else found this, or have a solution?

kind regards,

jethro

6E35C3A1-70F0-4E4A-B8E4-20D01C208807.png

• Staff

Hi Jethro :)

Sorry to see this, our developers are currently investigating a few reports similar to this to improve Affinitys storage management in a future update.

In the meantime, could you please open Files and navigate to your iCloud folder where the .afphoto files are stored. Click and hold one of these files, then drag and drop it into Affinity Photo to open the file. We're a little unsure of the reason, but after closing all open files and then opening a file by dragging and dropping, this should clear out any saved cache and change the reported Documents & Data amount in your ipads settings for the app. Could you please try this and let me know if it helps?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have the same problem, my file size was 6 gb and it went down once I closed the files I was working on, and they were regular sized files (most of them 20 megs), this happened using a first generation ipad pro. I don't know why this is happening, all the work files I got on Affinity Designer  add up to around 300 megs. Please help, we love using Affinity design and Affinity photo, but this and constant crashes are driving us crazy. 

47305048_762783724081428_8722405969117577216_n.jpg

im the winner :'D 140gb

I figured out the folder "autosave"  uses the most of the space 

the folder is located in 

/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/34AE077F-7347-48D7-AE5B-9A9628F480C6/Library/Application Support/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.ios 

you can only access this folder over ssh (with jailbreak) 

46079E27-3EAE-488E-9C26-484BF780D4BB.png

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, I'm having a similar problem with Affinity Photo 2. Most of the files I have are just practice files. I figured the history that was saved with them was the culprit (although I at no time specifically saved the history when saving the files...the history just sort of stayed with them). But when I deleted the history and then re-saved the files (about 7 files), the data that Affinity Photo 2 was using ballooned from about 9.2 GB to 14.6 GB. That was definitely going in the wrong direction and for reasons I can't begin to imagine.

I' deleted the app and re-downloaded which seems the only solution at the moment...unless someone knows of an "empty data cache" setting that I'm not aware of. But overall I think the iPad apps, in particular, are the best value in software that can be found. The interface improvements are significant and profound.

• Staff

Hi @Brad_Nelson,

Thanks for your report and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble here.

I can confirm this issue is logged with our development team and we have been in talks with Apple to work to resolve this, however we are yet to resolve this currently, my apologies.

I'd recommend checking out the below post where I have previously provided some workarounds that may help to free up this disk space in use -

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!