Gelphyn

Upgrading Mac Hardware - Licence implications?

I am upgrading my Mac, that is currently limited to running up to El Capitan, in the interim period it would be preferable if my current Affinity Applications [Designer; Photo; Publisher Beta:] remained operable on the existing Hardware.

Does the Licence permit downloading and installing the Affinity Applications on the newer Hardware before they are removed from the older Hardware?

I have no intention or desire to violate the Licence conditions and official input would be very welcome, thank you.

Thanks for your time, best wishes, G

Hi Gelphyn,

As you own both Macs, you won't be breaking any licence agreements by installing the Affinity on the new Mac.  Of course if you end up giving away/selling or recycling the old Mac, i'd suggest uninstalling Affinity (and possibly any other licenced software) beforehand :)  

This mentions Windows and Mac, you have to scroll down about half way for the Mac section.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/licence/

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019