Sign in to follow this  
lama555

Can you change detail/ clarity in only specific parts of photo?

I played around with clarity and unsharp mask filters. Are there ways to increase detail in one specific part of the photo, for example one person's face with some kind of brush/sweeping tool similar to what camera + has on mobile?

Thank you!

Larissa

Yes, invert(CTRL+I) the adjustment layer and paint the areas to be effect back in using a white brush.

Affinity Photo  1.7.2.471 

Windows 10 Home  1903 (build 18362.175) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

On 11/30/2018 at 2:35 AM, HVDB Photography said:

Yes, invert(CTRL+I) the adjustment layer and paint the areas to be effect back in using a white brush.

1.) I couldn't find invert option with that shortcut but I found under layers dropdown. I painted the details white but I don't think my end-product was what was intended :2_grimacing:

Would you have any extra steps or videos re: this topic?

2.) Also, do you or anybody else have any thoughts on the blur and sharpen brush tools. These sound like they would work for this too but I can't seem to see any results from either of them unless it's an extremely subtle effect

21 minutes ago, toltec said:

p.s. ignore the very first bit.

How much should Larissa ignore, and why? A little clarity wouldn’t go amiss here! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)