You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ctrl/Cmd Click to Reset all Values

I notice that some but not all settings allow for double click to reset there values. I find it odd that this is not consistent across the board. Working audio software for over twenty years Cmd/Ctrl left click is considered a standard for the most part I would say. It is a very easy way to streamline the editing process. I would love to see this. 

17 hours ago, Polygonius said:

In 1.7 its already for maybe the half of the sliders implemented. Remember the dev there, that they do not forget the other half!

I am using the beta, I tried a few adjustment layers and few live filters but the sliders don't reset on double clicking, alt clicking ............

It works at least in shadow/highlights ans Whitebalance on both sliders. But general, maybe its my mouse, but a double-click seems often interpreted as singel/or 3time click... so it sometimes jumps to middle and than to the point the cursor is. Its a little bit buggy and only implemented in just a few adjustments in the moment... 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Affinity sliders also lack another awesome feature: Drag (way) beyond the bounds of the slider to reset the slider to either it's last used value (either last custom value or its default value). Super helpful when playing around yet some more - nah, that doesn't look better - no need to memorize previous settings then.

I love nifty little helpers like these, because they do not interfere with the workflow of anyone who doesn't use that feature.

52 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

It works at least in shadow/highlights ans Whitebalance on both sliders. But general, maybe its my mouse, but a double-click seems often interpreted as singel/or 3time click... so it sometimes jumps to middle and than to the point the cursor is. Its a little bit buggy and only implemented in just a few adjustments in the moment... 

In the Develop persona resetting the sliders by double clicking, works but in the Photo Persona I can't find any slider that can be reset this way.

This is really annoying because there is not a standard across the app.

Same thing here In a problem reported earlier

8 minutes ago, hifred said:

I love nifty little helpers like these, because they do not interfere with the workflow of anyone who doesn't use that feature.

True! ;)

41 minutes ago, hifred said:

Me too.  i long time ago suggested such things, like right-click for last value, or shift-doubleclick for reset ALL parameter in a box, or mouse on aslider and the left/right will step fore/back and the up-down do the same but in smaller division.... or rightclick for tools, like brushes, that opens a menu where you can select 5 favorite brushes and switch back to the last...current 5, or next in the category without the long way to brush-panel, or your 5 favorite attributes like flow / color-dynamic... rotation by 90°... 

i really hope 1.8 will focus of workflow / efficiency, there are lot of things which needs too much clicks/longways...

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• 3 months later...

I'll bump this up. LR uses this and makes working through the settings easier, and faster. Even though most of the dialogs have a reset button, it may reset all the sliders, when all I need to do is reset one of them.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• 2 years later...