You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatch Management in Publisher

I'm just now working though the help files for Publisher, getting to know the application.

With regard to Colour Swatch management, it would be nice for the final shipping version of Publisher to allow users to do the following:

1. Organize swatches into named groups within named palettes. For example, within a palette named "My Palette", having the ability to create named folder groupings of swatches that I might name "Primary", "Secondary", "Accent", and so on.
  2. Select two or more swatches, or even a named group of swatches (by shift-clicking or command-clicking), and then being able to move them collectively to a different named palette or sub-grouping in one move.
  3. Select two or more swatches, and then being able to delete them collectively in one move. 

Let me add an addendum. The following would also be nice to have in the final version of Publisher:

1. Include a gradient editor panel along side the Swatches panel in the collection of Studio panels. Or, include the proposed gradient editor with the Colour panel as an option from the Colour options menu.
  2. Allow the proposed gradient editor panel to save gradient swatches to a custom palette.
  3. Add a swatch type filter to the Swatches panel to allow users to see either a mix of solid and gradient swatches, or to filter out either the solid or gradient swatches from view.

27 minutes ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

save gradient swatches to a custom palette

You can do something like this with the Styles panel.

As for a gradient editor, that is a tool instead - specifically, the "Fill Tool".  Select a shape or whatever you are applying the gradient to, then with the Fill Tool, drag a line across the shape to set the direction for the gradient.  It will put circles at both ends of the line, click one of them and set a color using the Color or Swatches panels to set the color for that end of the gradient.  You can change the gradient to a different type in the context toolbar, add more circles to the line for more than a 2-color gradient, etc.