You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replace Document - Preview does not update

Here is a bug I stumbled upon:

When I replace an image via the "replace document" button on top, the document (an Affinity Photo file in my case) gets updated and shows up correctly in the thumbnail pages on the left. However in the central workspace the old image is shown when zoomed out. Once I zoom in the image changes to the correct one. When I zoom out it changes to the old one again.

One note on "replace document" it would be great to have a shortcut for this or/and put it also into the right click context menu.

Great job so far, this looks like it will be a great app once finished. ;)

Hi DM9

What you are seeing is cached previews which are made to make zooming and panning quicker. Usually these caches are overwritten quickly but with more complex documents such as afphotos  this can be slower to update, you often see it tile out. But they will update eventually after a short while

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• 4 months later...

To be honest, one would expect "replace document" to purge the cache immediately. It shouldn't take minutes for a document with seven images and a couple text fields. The only way to reliably refresh the preview images for me is to quit the app and reopen. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.